If you are wondering how many colors exist, According to Wikipedia The brain of a human can distinguish almost 10 Million Colors with different shades of each color.
And studies have revealed that Colors indeed can affect your feelings, emotions, and even behaviors. This is called the Psychology of Colors.
Either if you have been searching for cute colors to use for your next website design, a logo, or a color for brand recognition. Or you needed to pick a color for bleaching your hair, coloring your nails, or choosing a color for braces.
This post will help you understand the meaning of each color and how to pick the right color.
The meaning each color represents
Each color symbolizes and represents a meaning which is usually coming from the nature around us. Like The Yellow Sun represents warmness, And The Blue sky represents calmness, The same goes with all the other shades of colors.
Whenever we get to see a color we evoke unconsciously the feeling that originally came from the nature around us.
Below are the main colors with the meaning of each one, The effect they can do on us, And the preferred colors for each industry for brand recognition.
1. Red Color
The Red Color is mostly related to Blood, Which gives the feeling of Alert and caution.
- Represents: Vitality, Passion, Acion, Strength, Energy, Excitement, Attention, Danger, Revenge, Aggression
- Behavioral Effects: Motivates, Stimulates, Cautions, Draws attention, Encourages, Creates urgency
- Industry: Food, Sports, Fire protection, Entertainments
2. Orange Color
The Orange is mostly related to the Orange Fruit and is a shade of The Sun Color. It gives the feeling of warmth and Optimism.
- Represents: Optimism, Youth, Enthusiasm, Adventure, Creativity, Warmth, Fun
- Behavioral Effects: Encourages, Stimulates, Motivates to Communicate, Uplifts, Expressing freedom, Fascinates
- Industry: Transportations, Food, Sports, Entertainments
3. Yellow Color
The yellow Color is also mostly related to the Sun and the sand in Deserts.
- Represents: Happiness, Optimism, Positivity, Spontanity, Opportunity, Mentality, Warmth, Caution, Cowardice
- Behavioral Effects: Relaxes, Energizes, Stimulates, Amuses, Inspires, Clarifies
- Industry: Transportations, Food, Sports, Entertainments, Travel
4. Pink Color
The Pink Color is mostly related to Roses and Flowers and rare Diamonds.
- Represents: Compassion, Love, Playfulness, Femininity, Admiration, Romance, Emotions
- Behavioral Effects: Calms, Comforts, Encourages creativity, Sympathizes, Fascinates
- Industry: Women products, Beauty, Fashion, Childrens products
5. Blue Color
The Blue Color dominates most of the Earth, All over the Oceans and Seas, and the beautiful Blue sky covering the whole Earth.
- Represents: Trust, Honesty, Loyality, Responsibility, Depression, Confidence, Reliability
- Behavioral Effects: Calms, Relaxes, Protects, Supports, Reduces stress
- Industry: Health, Medical field, Security, Finance, Technology
6. Green Color
The Green Color is one of the most relaxing colors, Who doesn't feel that calmness in gardens and around trees and grass!?
- Represents: Harmony, Safety, Growth, Health, Hope, Materialism, Generosity, Stability, Balance
- Behavioral Effects: Relaxes, Balances, Encourages, Revitalizes
- Industry: Farming, Envirnoment, Banking, Real-Estate
7. Violet Color
The Violet Color is a shade of Purple. Violet is a delicate Color that you can find mostly in flowers.
- Represents: Sprituality, Compassion, Sensitivity, Mystery, Imagination, Creativity, Wisdom
- Behavioral Effects: Encourages creativity, Inspires, Impresses, Motivates for wisdom
- Industry: Humanitarian, Psychic, Religion, Wedding planning, Ceremonies
8. Purple Color
Flowers, Plants, and Trees in addition to rare diamonds. Where you can find the beautiful Purple Color in nature.
- Represents: Royality, Emotions, Fantasy, Compassion, Sensitivity, Mystery, Imagination, Creativity
- Behavioral Effects: Enlightens, Inspires, Encourages, Uplifts, Impresses with luxury
- Industry: Luxury brands, luxury products
9. Turquoise Color
The Turquoise Color is a shade of Blue. Mostly can be seen in the Sky.
- Represents: Clarity, Communication, Calmness, Concentration, Peace, Narcissism
- Behavioral Effects: Clarifies, Calms, Stabilizes, Balances, Reduces stress
- Industry: Tourism, Health, Medical field, Restaurants
10. Brown Color
The Brown Color mostly refers to the Soil and Mountains.
- Represents: Comfort, Nature, Reliability, Stability, Appreciation, Prediction
- Behavioral Effects: Implies common sense, Suppresses emotions, Grounds, Simplifies, Creates warmth
- Industry: Agriculture, Constructions
11. Gray Color
The Gray Color can be found the most in Stones and Mountains.
- Represents: Neutralism, Practicality, Compromise, Formal, Maturity, Conservatism
- Behavioral Effects: Gives a sense of luxury, Mystery, Sadness
- Industry: Law
12. Black Color
The Black Color is rarely found in nature, Except for Animals such as Cats, Dogs, Lions, and others.
- Represents: Elegance, Dominance, Prestige, Formality, Power, Control
- Behavioral Effects: Mystifies, Intimidates, Creates fear, Radiates authority
- Industry: Luxury brands, luxury products
13. White Color
The White Color is found in Snow, Animals, Birds, And White Clouds.
- Represents: Purity, Innocence, Perfection, Simplicity, Cleanliness, Openness
- Behavioral Effects: Refreshes, Simplifies, Purifies, Feeling emptiness
- Industry: Charities, Humanitarian, Medical field, Animal protection societies
Knowing the symbols of each color is not only something we need when painting a room or preparing a gift box.
But also colors can affect the sales of your business or Website. As Sight is one of the most important senses out of all the other five senses in human beings.