Weddings are magical events filled with love, laughter, and unforgettable moments. one of the most exciting ways to capture the essence of this special day is through stunning photography. and what better way to make your wedding photos pop than by adding a little extra sparkle and fun with sparklers and confetti?
In this post, we'll explore how to use these two materials to create memorable, eye-catching images that will last a lifetime.
A fun fact to start
Did you know that the tradition of throwing confetti at weddings dates back to ancient times? in fact, the word "confetti" comes from the italian word "confetto," which was a type of sweet treat thrown during celebrations.
Today, we use paper or biodegradable alternatives to add a colorful and festive touch to wedding photos.
A lesser-known fact
Here's something you probably haven't heard before: sparklers were initially invented in the 9th century by a chinese alchemist who was trying to create an elixir for eternal life. instead, he ended up discovering fireworks, which are now a staple at many celebrations worldwide, including weddings!
How to use sparklers in wedding photos
1. Sparkler send-off: one popular way to incorporate sparklers into your wedding photos is by organizing a sparkler send-off. as the newlyweds exit the reception, guests can light sparklers and hold them up, creating a tunnel of shimmering light for the couple to walk through.
This creates a magical and enchanting atmosphere, perfect for capturing candid moments and genuine smiles.
2. Long exposure shots: long exposure photography is a technique that uses a slower shutter speed to capture the movement of light. by asking your wedding photographer to use this method, you can create breathtaking images of you and your spouse surrounded by trails of sparkling light.
For best results, choose a dark setting and use long sparklers with a burn time of at least 60 seconds.
3. Sparkler writing: get creative with your sparklers by using them to write words or draw shapes in the air. with the help of a tripod and a slow shutter speed, your photographer can capture these light drawings in your wedding photos.
Consider writing your initials, drawing a heart, or spelling out "love" for a whimsical and romantic touch.
How to use confetti in wedding photos
1. Confetti toss: ask your guests to throw confetti as you and your spouse share your first kiss as a married couple, or during your grand exit from the ceremony. this creates a vibrant and dynamic background for your photos, filled with movement and color.
Opt for biodegradable confetti to minimize the environmental impact and make cleanup easier.
2. Confetti portraits: incorporate confetti into your posed wedding portraits for a playful and unique touch. ask your photographer to capture you and your spouse throwing confetti in the air, or gently blowing it towards the camera.
Experiment with different types of confetti, such as metallic foil or heart-shaped pieces, to find the perfect look for your photos.
3. Confetti-filled balloons: add an extra burst of color to your wedding photos by using confetti-filled balloons as props. as you pose with these festive decorations, ask your photographer to capture the moment when the balloons pop, releasing a shower of confetti.
This creates a fun and surprising element that will make your photos stand out.
Safety tips and considerations
While sparklers and confetti can add a touch of magic to your wedding photos, it's essential to consider safety and practicality. keep the following tips in mind:
- Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when using sparklers, and provide guests with a safe method for lighting and extinguishing them.
- Be aware of any local regulations or venue rules regarding the use of sparklers and confetti.
- Consider the environmental impact of your confetti choice and opt for biodegradable or eco-friendly options when possible.
- Coordinate with your wedding photographer to ensure they are comfortable and experienced in capturing images with sparklers and confetti.
Adding sparklers and confetti to your wedding photos can create a sense of excitement, fun, and wonder, resulting in truly unforgettable images. by experimenting with different techniques, such as long exposure shots or confetti tosses, you can achieve a variety of stunning effects.
Just remember to prioritize safety and follow any applicable rules and regulations. with a bit of creativity and careful planning, your wedding photos will be a dazzling reminder of your special day for years to come.